17 July 2024

NORFOLK BREAK

Visiting friends in Norfolk I called in at Finningley in Nottinghamshire this morning and managed to connect with a Black winged pratincole that has been present for the last couple of weeks.

This was only my fourth Black winged pratincole I had seen in Britain,the last one was on the 4th May 2012 at Burton RSPB in Cheshire.

Over the next few days whilst out walking I connected with a Glossy Ibis at Cley 

and Black Tailed Skimmer and Banded Demoiselle,whilst on my travels.


Black Tailed Skimmer 


Banded Damselfly

I also visited Hickling broad whilst in Norfolk but there was no sign of any Swallowtail butterflies,to late again for me! Whilst walking around though I did see a Wood sandpiper,Marsh harrier and stunning views of Hobby hawking over the reserve.

Image

Marsh Harrier

Image

Hobby

Image

Wood Sandpiper

There were also a good variety of Butterflies and Odonates about on the reserve.

undefined

Ruddy Darter

Image

Large Skipper

Image

Variable Damselfly

Image

Norfolk Hawker

Red Admiral

Peacock 

On leaving Norfolk I called in at Thompson common and had a walk along the Pingo trail in search of Dragonflies and Damselflies.

Good views of Common darter,4 Spotted Chaser,Southern Hawker and Scarce and Common Emerald damselfly were seen.

Four Spotted Chaser

Emerald Damselfly 

Scarce Emarald Damselfly 

Southern Hawker



The Pingo Trail

A great few days away in Norfolk!What a county!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.