28 July 2024

IRON AGE HILL FORT WARHAM CAMP-NORFOLK

I visited the Iron Age Fort at Warham Camp today to try and see my first Charkhill Blue Butterfly.


After a good walk around the site it didnt take long before I saw my first one. 





I only saw three individual Chalk Hill blues on site probably due to being a  few weeks early.

In Norfolk this is the sole colony of Chalkhill Blue butterflies.They were ‘introduced’ here some years ago much to the displeasure of the ‘authorities’.However they are doing well and have had no adverse impact on other species,it's 65 miles to their nearest kin at Devil’s Dyke near Newmarket.

Anyway I was happy seeing this species of Butterfly and it was beautiful site for evenings walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.