Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

2 January 2023

MY BIRDING YEAR 2022

I had to wait until 30th June for my first lifer of the year when whilst on hoilday on Unst,Shetland news filtered through that a Eleonora's falcon had been found at Sandwich bay in Kent.Me and Dianne left straight away and after three ferries we arrived back in Aberdeen and drove south to Kent.

The Eleonora's showed well on arrival and we spent the evening watching this great bird.


I had to wait till the morning of 7th August when a Cape gull was found at Grafham water.This was a first for Britain and showed well on arrival.


Bird of the year turned up for me on Bryher on the Isles of scilly on the 13th October, a Blackburnian warbler!Me and my mate Dave mack travelled down there and got absolutely stunning views of the bird.

On the 27th October a Alpine accentor was found in Suffolk so I headed down there for first light and thankfully the bird was still there after a previous dip for this species.


The last twitch of the year was for a Stejneger's scoter in Lothian which took some finding but eventually it was seen.


 

Five new birds added this year and I missed Common nighthawk due to work commitments and I was stuck on Unst again when the Little bittern was found and sadly it was taken away.


Roll on 2023!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.