9 October 2024

SHETLAND 2024 DAY 5

Spent this morning in the accomodation as I was having a microsoft teams interview on line so the other lads headed out.During my interview news broke that a Common Nighthawk had been flushed by the side of the road on the island Yell.Panic set in as I needed this for Britain,so after my interview I headed down to the airport to rent a car for the day and headed north.As I arrived at the ferry terminal at Toft news broke that the bird was a Nightjar!Unbelievable.Earlier in the day a Pallas's Warbler had been found so I headed there and got great views of the bird.


Pallas's Leaf Warbler

Late afternoon was spent at the Loch of Spiggie where I connected with a Scaup and a Slavionian grebe















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.