Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

15 August 2017

AN EVENINGS BIRDING AT BURTON RSPB

I called in at Burton RSPB this evening as a Wood sandpiper had been reported.I met up with Colin wells (Warden) as I arrived and he walked down to Marsh covert hide with me.It was nice to catch up with him as I haven't seen him for ages and he is due to retire in October.Anyway after reminiscing about the old times it was back to birding and we both spent a good while looking for the Wood sandpiper but there was no sign.A Greenshank was present and good numbers of Greylag geese.


 GREENSHANK
THERE WERE GOOD NUMBERS OF GREY LAG GEESE ON THE RESERVE
Moving on towards Inner marsh farm hide a Buzzard flew over and good numbers of Little egrets were seen.
THE BOARDWALK TOWARDS INNER MARSH FARM HIDE
Arriving at the hide there were good numbers of birds.40+Dunlin,2 Ruff,50 Lapwing,4 Little Egrets,1 Snipe and 20+ Black tailed godwits.
 RUFF
 BLACK TAILED GODWITS AND DUNLIN
 LITTLE EGRET
SNIPE
IT WAS A LOVELY EVENING TO BE OUT BIRDING
As I was walking back to the car a Great white egret landed in front of me.



I hung around near the reception hide on the way back looking out for the Cattle egret but it didn't show but I did have good views of Avocet and two more Ruff.
AVOCETS
SUNSET OVER THE RESERVE
A cracking evenings birding which was topped off with great views of Badger near the carpark.