20 June 2024

FEW DAYS AWAY BIRDING

21st May 

Visiting friends on the way down to Birmingham news broke that a Roseate tern had been found at Marsh lane nature reserve,the bird showed well as soon as I arrived on site.

Image

This was a new site for me so I had a good walk around and had booming Bittern and a close encounter with a Cettis wabler.

22nd May

Waking up early this morning I visited the county of Cambridgeshire and headed straight for Fen drayton lakes where I managed to find the 1st summer Red footed falcon sat out on top of a popular tree.These are great birds and it was nice to catch up with this showy male,Cheshire is due one of these 🙏

Image

Image

Image

Image

Moving on from here I drove to Ouse fen RSPB where after a short walk the Great reed warbler could be heard singing away and eventually showed really well.I havent seen one of these for years so it was nice just to sit and watch this beauty on me own singing away.Two bitterns flew out of the reed bed in front of me which was also good to see.

Image 

After great views of the Great reed I drove back and called in at Paxton pits on the way home where I had stunning views of Nightingale,two were seen and this finished off a good days birding!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.