Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

7 May 2016

WHISKERED TERNS-SANDBACH FLASHES

I woke up this morning to messages on my phone to say that two Whiskered Terns were at Sandbach flashes.These were a first for the flashes and were still present so I got on my way.On arrival I met up with Port vales finest Phil Locker who put me straight on the birds.They were happily preening on fence posts at the end of the spit on Elton hall flash.
 THE TWO WHISKERED TERNS 

 COMMON TERN AND WHISKERED TERN
 WHISKERED TERNS IN FLIGHT
Great birds that had spent the previous day in Nottinghamshire before landing in Cheshire.The birds only stayed a day and are now present in Cleveland.Other good birds of note were Greenshank,Little ringed plover and Common tern.Anyway a nice mornings birding and great to catch up with some many familar faces.
BIRDERS ON SITE