Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

19 April 2017

SPRING HAS ARRIVED AT LAST!

With news yesterday that two Whinchats had been found at Leasowe I made my way up there this morning.On arrival a male bird was still present in Kerr's field with at least 7 Wheatears.


WHINCHAT
WHEATEAR
There was a good selection of birds around this morning.My first House martin of the year was seen over the golf course at the bottom of Lingham lane and a Reed warbler was singing away in the near by reeds.Two Whitethroats were seen around the old tip along with good numbers of Skylarks and a Snipe.Chiffchaffs,Willow warblers and Blackcaps were in good numbers throughout the area as well.
Moving on from Leasowe I headed towards Burton RSPB where I soon connected with a reeling Grasshopper warbler near the boardwalk.The bird showed briefly before skulking again in the nettles.Other birds of note were Reed and Cettis warbler and three Spotted Redshank.The photos below were birds I saw as I was walking around the reserve.
 CHAFFINCH
REED BUNTING
 KESTREL
GREENFINCH
ROBIN