Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

10 June 2016

LONG TAILED DUCK-LAPWING HALL POOL

I looked at my phone at 3.10pm whilst at work and Birdguides had put out a drake Long tailed duck on Lapwing hall pool.My break wasn't until 4pm but after a quick word with my boss I was off.
I arrived on site in pouring rain and soon picked up the bird happily swimming around in the centre of the pool.


                                                               


LONG TAILED DUCK
This is the third record of Long tailed duck I have seen in the area, the last one was present on Catchpenny pool from 14/11/2004 until 22/02/05 and was a drake bird and my first was seen again on Catchpenny pool on the 12/05/1995 and was also a drake.
Another great bird for the area and nice to see other birders now visiting and hopefully other birds will now be found.Whilst photographing the Long tailed duck a party of newly fledged Blue tits visited a reed bed where I was stood.