Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

3 July 2020

BLACK BROWED ALBATROSS-BEMPTON CLIFFS-EAST YORKSHIRE-3RD JULY 2020

I was in work on thursday when the mega alert went off!Black Browed Albatross,Bempton cliffs,East yorkshire!There was nothing I could do as I was in work till 8.00pm and there was no sign after the initially sighting at 4.30pm.The photos were gripping and after several attempts to see an albatross it looked like my chance had gone.


Totally gripped off!

I went to bed thursday evening and was woken up by Dan pointon just after 7.00am to say the bird was still there at Bempton RSPB.I got ready and jumped straight in the car and headed straight there.


Bempton RSPB

There was no sign of the bird all the way there and when I arrived I just stood with the masses hoping it would return.
Puffins,Guillemots,Razorbills,Gannets and a distant Great skua were seen as I waited.



After a good hour I decided to walk along the cliffs when I got a phone call off dan saying the albatross was heading my way!As I was talking to him the albatross flew right in front of me! WOW!
The albatross continued to show for the next 40 minutes,flying around the cliffs,what an amazing sight and atlast I had seen one of this truly magnificent seabirds. 




What a bird!
All images were taken by (C)Neil Hunt

After prolonged views of the bird it flew round the corner of a cliff and wasn't seen again!I was so lucky to have witnessed such a sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.