Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

30 April 2022

# LOCAL BIG YEAR

18th April

An afternoon walk with Dianne to Burton point and I refound 2 male Whinchat that Graham hogan had found this morning.

21st April

I spent early evening at Delamere forest where I connected with my first Pied flycatcher of the year which eventually showed well.

22nd April

A walk around Leasowe this afternoon produced a Tree pipit and Lesser Whitethroat that showed well after being really elusive


23rd April

A short drive from home to Willaston and I connected with my first Yellow Wagtail of the year and 2 Mediterranean Gulls.

April 24th

A quick phone call to Frank duff this morning regarding a Black redstart that had been found at Frodsham marshes and I was off it was still there.On arrival at Marsh farm I soon connected with this stunning bird,I couldn't believe no one was there but it was good to have the bird all to myself,absolute cracking bird!





April 26th

I spent this morning looking for a Wood sandpiper that had been found at Burton RSPB last night but after a good two hours I gave up and made my way across to Hilbre Island where Steve Williams had rung a Richard's Pipit earlier on,it was a long shot but what the hell.

On arrival the bird had gone after a good search of the islands with steve.I revisited Burton Rspb again on the way home but there was no sign of the Wood sandpiper.


A Little egret showed well from Marsh covert hide and 9 Spotted redshank were recorded

These helped me along the footpath on the way back to the car

The evening was spent with Mark payne on the cycle track at Burton point.A Cetti's warbler showed well and a Little owl put in a brief appearance.The Wood sandpiper was eventually found by mark with 2 Redshank after giving me the run around allday.





April 28th

I received a phone call from Allan conlin this morning to say that he had found a female Bluethroat at Leasowe.This was Cheshire and Wirrals 17th record and the last one I had seen was in the same location 12 years ago found by the late Kenny Dunningham on the 25th May 2010.
On arrival I met up with a few familiar faces and waited,the Bluethroat eventually showed on a fence post giving great views.




April 30th

I spent this afternoon at Hatchmere near Delamere forest where a male Wood warbler had been found this morning.The bird showed intermittently and called but was always hard to see in the over hanging tree foliage.A great bird for the yearlist! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.