Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

15 April 2016

BACK ON THE NEW PATCH

I nipped over to Acre nook sand quarry and Lapwing pool on my lunch break this afternoon hoping that a few spring migrants mightn't have dropped in.On arrival at Lapwing pool 12 Goldeneye and 17 Wigeon were on the pool along with 2 Little grebes and 7 Tufted Duck.
12 Goldeneye Had Dropped In On The Pool Before Heading North
It was very quiet around Lapwing Pool so I headed towards Acre Nook.The usual suspects were still around 14 Shelduck,19 Shoveler,8 Teal,34 Lapwing and a Little Ringed Plover.
Little Ringed Plover
As I was birding a Green woodpecker called and flew into a tree next to me.
Green Woodpecker
What a bird never get fed up with seeing these but it only landed briefly and then headed across the quarry. Another good hours birding but still hoping for a few more migrants.