Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

16 April 2016

MORNINGS BIRDING ON MY OLD PATCH

I picked up Malc curtin this morning for a mornings birding on my old patch,Marbury country park.I parked my car up at Witton mill carpark and headed towards Ashtons flash.We soon got on to a Sedge warbler and 4 Redpoll flying over towards Carey Park but couldn't find the Whitethroat that had been reported around the carpark.
Ashton's Flash
Moving on down Witton brook my first Reed warbler of the year was seen along with 2 flyover Great spotted woodpeckers.
Reaching Haydn's pool there was no sign of the Garganey that were reported last night but a Green Woodpecker was seen at the back of the pool.With no sign of the Garganey we moved back onto the brook and had brief views of the elusive Cetti's warbler but we could't relocate it.
A text of one of the patch regulars had us walking back to Haydn's pool where we connected with the male and female Garganey.


Garganey
Haydn's Pool
After good views of the birds we moved onto Budworth mere where I found the first Common sandpiper of the year for the patch regulars and a Yellow wagtail was commuting in the back fields behind the mere with 6 Pied wagtails and a White wagtail.
A great mornings birding and I was glad to be back on my old patch I just wish it wasn't so far away from where I live.