Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

16 April 2016

DANE BOWER AND THREE SHIRES HEAD

I called in at Dane bower quarry today and was rewarded with 2 Ring ouzels as soon as I got out of the car.


Ring Ouzel
This area in the eastern hills of Cheshire is a regular site for this species and thankfully they return every year to breed at this site.
Dane Bower Quarry
I decided to carry on walking towards Three shires head, 4 Red grouse were seen along with 2 Raven,6 Curlew,Mistle thrush and good numbers of Meadow Pipits.




Red Grouse
Reaching Three shires head on the Axe edge moor where Cheshire,Derbyshire and Staffordshire meet I sat and ate my lunch.
The Packhorse Bridge and River Dane
As I was having my lunch a Grey wagtail was seen on the river before landing on a nearby fence.
Grey Wagtail
After lunch I headed back towards the quarry where I saw 3 Wheatear.
 Leaving Three shires head and walking back towards the quarry
Dane Bower Quarry Chimney
Reaching the car I was shattered after a good hike and just made it back in time before a hail storm.