Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

7 April 2016

LITTLE RINGS ARRIVE

Visited Acre nook sand quarry this afternoon on my dinner hour hoping that some spring migrants on passage would be seen as it has been very quiet of late. As soon as I got out the car a Green woodpecker could be heard calling and 2 Buzzards were over the Mosses.
Getting the scope out I soon connected with my first Little ringed plover of the year which followed by another two. 
Three  Little Ringed Plover's were on the sandbank

A Green sandpiper was flushed by the side of the quarry as I was walking around and a Sparrowhawk flew low into Colt hovel wood.The quarry still holds 18 Shelduck,24 Cormorant,14 Shoveler,9 Teal and 2 Wigeon.