Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

8 April 2016

MORE BLACK NECKED GREBES!

I left off work at 7pm tonight and called in to see if anything had dropped in on the quarries.There was no sign of the Little ringed plovers at Acre nook but the usual wildfowl were still present.
I then walked towards Lapwing hall pool where I had 3 Swallows flying across the fields. As soon as I got to the pool I picked up 2 summer plumaged Black necked grebes,the light was fading fast but I managed to get a few crappy record shots as you can see below.








After the long staying winter plumaged bird finding another two on my new patch on passage was a good find,hopefully they will still be around tomorrow so I can get some better photos.