Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

23 September 2016

AN EVENINGS BIRDING AT ACRE NOOK AND LAPWING HALL POOL

Being on nights I have struggled to visit lately but called in tonight on the way into work.Acre nook held 40+ Wigeon ,3 Pintail ,27 Teal,100+ Mallard and 7 Gadwall.

THREE JUVENILE PINTAIL WERE ON ACRE NOOK TONIGHT
GADWALL
2 Snipe were showing well near the top footpath.

SNIPE
2 Common sandpiper were in with at least 200 Lapwing and 500+ Black headed gulls.Great crested grebe numbers have now risen to 12 over the far pool along with 17 Cormorants.
Walking over to Lapwing hall pool I soon connected with the long staying juvenile Black necked grebe.
BLACK NECKED GREBE
Whilst stood looking at the Black necked grebe a Kingfisher flew right in front of me which was a first for the year for me on my new patch.I watched it keep flying but it didn't stop and flew right over the farm and onto Acre nook.I have searched for this species all year with no luck so I was made up I had seen one.
A nice evenings birding before work which was finished off with a cracking sunset.