LATEST UK BIRD NEWS:25th September 2026-Black-winged Kite-Norfolk-Hempstead Marshes- Still south-west of The Marrams, viewed distantly from double metal field gates-Eastern Olivaceous Warbler-Isles of Scilly-Gugh-Found dead this morning
Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Sunday, January 09, 2022

SUNDAY BIRDING

Well, this 15-mile radius does get you out! I started early this morning at Gresford Flash in Clwyd and connected with this smart juvenile Red-throated diver. Other birds of note were 8 Goosanders, and a Dipper was seen further down the road at Rossett.



Moving on back into Cheshire, I visited Moore Nature Reserve, where 2 Willow Tit were seen at the feeding station.



From here, I moved on to Hale, and thanks to Dave Craven-Hale's finest for the jen on the Firecrest, which didn't take long to relocate in Hale Park, this little gem was very vocal and a good addition to the list. A Water pipit was seen briefly at Carr Lane pools but was very flighty.


Further down the road, I visited Pickering's Pasture. A Common sandpiper showed well, and a Peregrine was sitting out on Runcorn bridge. No Gulls of interest were on Halebank, which was a disappointment 


On the way home, I called in at Runcorn Town Hall and had 6 Ring-necked Parakeets coming in to the roost. #LOCALBIGYEAR