Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

8 January 2016

PALLA'S WARBLER-SECOND HELPINGS

Visited New Brighton this morning and it was blowing a hooley I was rewarded with two Little Gulls in the mouth of the Mersey though and 3 Purple sandpipers at coastguards.
I then continued to Heswall to try and get some photos of the Pallas's warbler.The bird was really elusive and the weather didn't help but it did show briefly,but it was always distant which didn't help with my camera.Anyway I got a few personal record shots that won't win any prizes.
There were 7 Chiffchaffs on site
11 Goldcrests were seen but no sign of the reported Firecrest





Pallas's Warbler


Anyway a great bird for Cheshire and Wirral lets hope this is the beginning of a good year for are county!