Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

18 February 2016

OLD STOMPING GROUND

Visited Marbury county park this morning to try and get some photos of the Bittern that has been showing well there all week.On arrival I gave it an hour but there was no sign but did see two Kingfishers and a flock of Long tailed tits were on the bird table in front of the hide.
Long Tailed Tit
With there be no sign of the Bittern I made my way down mere path and soon heard a Lesser spotted woodpecker calling,the bird flew towards the carpark and landed in the trees in the centre of the park.I heard the bird again and soon got on it,it was a female.







Female Lesser SpottedWoodpecker
The Lesser Spotted woodpecker showed for about five minutes and then flew.Great bird and a good start to the mornings birding.Whist walking back towards the hide I was walking down the steps when the Bittern popped up on top of the reeds,just as I got my camera out it had gone,typical!Anyway I waited a good hour and then it showed in the reedbed.








Bittern
 A great mornings birding and nice to back on my old patch.