Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

31 July 2016

AFTERNOONS BIRDING AT BURTON RSPB

I visited Burton RSPB this afternoon to try and see the juvenile Spotted crake that has been showing all week.I met up with Colin wells on arrival who is the warden for the site who soon put me straight on the bird has it came out of the reeds and showed for a few seconds before scurrying off back into the reeds. I was lucky to have seen the bird so quick as some birders had waited hours.The nine Spoonbills were also showing well in front of the reception hide along with 200 Black tailed Godwit and 2 Spotted Redshank.
9 SPOONBILLS
SPOTTED REDSHANK
A good afternoons birding which was finished with a stunning Marsh Harrier over the reeds.