Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

14 October 2016

YELLOW BROWED WARBLER-HOUGHTON GREEN POND

I was passing Warrington this morning so I called in to see the the Yellow browed warbler that Colin Davies had found on his patch on tuesday.I hadn't been to Houghton green pond for years and couldn't get over how it had changed.
HOUGHTON GREEN POND
I met up with Colin whist I was there and we soon heard the Yellow Browed warbler calling in some sycamore trees and then it flew into the willows in front of us and showed really well.
YELLOW BROWED WARBLER
This bird was a cracking find by Colin on his patch and it was nice to visit the site again after so many years.Other birds of note were Green Sandpiper and 16 Wigeon.