Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

30 January 2017

AFTERNOON'S BIRDING ON THE NORTH WIRRAL COAST

I spent this afternoon birding on the North wirral coast and started off at New Brighton where I soon connected with three Purple sandpipers on the pontoon along with 100+ Redshank,12 Turnstone and a Dunlin.


 PURPLE SANDPIPER
 DUNLIN
THE PONTOON AT NEW BRIGHTON IS A GREAT PLACE TO GET GOOD VIEWS OF PURPLE SANDPIPER 
Moving on from New Brighton I headed towards Hoylake where I had a look for a Snow Bunting which had been reported yesterday around the life guard station but there was no sign of it.There were good variety of waders on the beach and I had good views of Knot and Grey Plover.


KNOT

With the weather now turning I headed for West Kirby marine lake where I soon found the 2 Goosanders,12 Red breasted mergansers and 2 Goldeneye which have present on the marine lake for a while.
 GOOSANDER
 GOLDENEYE

 RED BREASTED MERGANSER
LOOKING OUT FROM THE MARINE LAKE TOWARDS HILBRE ISLAND 
A quick call in at Heswall on the way home to see some more Waxwings rounded off a nice afternoon's birding.

23 WAXWINGS WERE PRESENT IN HESWALL