Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

4 January 2017

AN AFTERNOON'S BIRDING AT MOORE NATURE RESERVE

I set off mid morning for Moore nature reserve and as I was driving through my home town of EllesmerePort I noticed five Waxwings in a tree by the side of the road.Parking the car up by the side of the road the birds flew onto some small rowan trees.




With the the Northwest going through an influx of these stunning birds I was made up to find these just down the road from my home.Anyway I reported them out to the birdnews service and left them for other birders to enjoy.
I arrived at Moore in Warrington and headed straight for the feeding station where I soon connected with a Willow tit and a good selection of other woodland birds.
 WILLOW TIT

GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER
LONG TAILED TIT



JAY
Moving onto the eastern reed bed I gave it an hour but there was no sign of the Bittern that had been reported but I did see two Green Woodpeckers.

GREEN WOODPECKER
My next destination was Pickerings pasture where I soon found the resident Bullfinches around the carpark,three males were present along with five female birds.
BULLFINCH
Hale was my next stop where I soon got good scope views of two Water Pipits off Town lane.
CARR LANE POOLS-HALE
Moving on into Hale I had a look for the Little owl in its favoured spot but there was no sign.I couldn't resist a picture of my partner Dianne stood by giant John middleton.
JOHN MIDDLETON
A good afternoon's birding which was finished off with the sunset at Hale lighthouse.