Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

8 January 2017

SATURDAY BIRDING

I had a drive down into Staffordshire this morning after the fog had eventually cleared to try and see three Tundra Bean geese that were present at Whitmore.This was a new site for me but I eventually found it and parked up on Bent lane to find a flooded field that had been dammed by the local farmer,he had also dropped off hundreds of old potatoes for the geese.The three Bean geese were present on arrival in with a flock of Grey Lag geese.



TUNDRA BEAN GOOSE
I hadn't seen a Bean goose for years so to see three together on a site that a farmer had man made was nice to see.There was also a Pink Footed goose in with the flock and two Pintail.
PINK FOOTED GOOSE
This was a great site that hopefully will get some good birds in the future.
THE FLOODED FIELD OFF BENT LANE
Moving on from here I headed back into Cheshire and called in to my regular site for Marsh Tit.I didn't have to wait that long until one came on to the feeders and showed really well.

MARSH TIT
Four birds were eventually seen on the feeders during my visit.