Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

19 January 2017

WAXWINGS IN ELLESMERE PORT

It's turning out to be a tremendous winter for Waxwings throughout the UK and Cheshire and Wirral hasn't gone without seeing good numbers being recorded during this influx.I have been lucky this year where I live in Ellesmere port as I found five birds at the beginning of the month and up to 20 have spent the last two weeks at Alder drive in Great Sutton.I visited the area this morning and soon connected with 15 birds as I drove into the drive.




15 WAXWINGS WERE PRESENT THIS MORNING
On arrival I was greeted by a few of the local residents who were made up that the birds had stayed and they couldn't believe how many birders had visited the area.A free cup of tea and biscuits went down well why taking a few photos.HAPPY DAYS!