Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

4 March 2018

A MORNINGS BIRDING AT MARBURY COUNTRY PARK

I spent this morning on my old patch at Marbury country park and it didn't take long after my arrival before I saw a familiar face walking towards me,patch regular Dave Bedford.I haven't seen Dave for a long time and it was nice to catch up and he showed me the best area to see the Hawfinches that have taken up residence in the park after the autumn influx across Britain.Dave had seen twelve Hawfinches just before I had arrived around the arboretum.It wasn't long before a bird appeared,elusive as always looking down on me. 
Four more Hawfinches showed well before one popped up in full view calling
I spent the next hour looking for the Bittern on Budworth mere but there  was no sign.Moving on to Neumann's flash a pair of Bullfinches were around Pod's hide and a skulking Cetti's warbler.
A Kingfisher showed well behind the mound on the brook down towards the scrapyard before I left.
A good mornings birding and nice to be back on my old patch.