Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

24 April 2018

A WASH OUT!

I headed to Denhall quay for first light this morning and managed to connect with the white morph Snow goose of unknown origin which was found yesterday on the estuary with hundreds of Pink footed geese.


The bird was always distant but I managed to get a few record shots.Moving on from here I headed towards Heswall where a Green winged teal has been showing for the last couple of days.The heavens opened on arrival but I continued north along the estuary.There were plenty of Whimbrel about and two Whitethroats were vocal in nearby bushes.

HESWALL MARSH
There was no sign of the Green winged teal in driving rain so I headed back to the car.Absolutely drenched I dried out in the car and headed towards Burton RSPB.The Wood warbler could be heard calling on entering gorse covert wood on arrival and showed quite well up in the canopy.



GORSE COVERT WOOD
Walking back towards the reception I could hear a Grasshopper warbler which did eventually show on top of some bushes but remained elusive deep down in some hawthorns.
GROPPER REELING AWAY IN THE UNDERGROWTH
A good mornings birding which was ended by torrential rain!