Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

17 April 2018

AFTERNOONS BIRDING ON THE WIRRAL

With no news on a flyover White stork that was seen at Burton RSPB yesterday I eventually ventured out around lunch time after biblical rain all morning and proceeded to Puddington to try and relocate it.The Stork had flown in the direction of Puddington which is just down the road from Burton so I drove around checking the area.I stopped on Puddington lane and soon connected with the Cattle egret which was showing distantly with 9 Little egrets.

I spent the next couple of hours checking local fields but there was no sign of the bird and little else to write about it was very quiet.I moved on to Burton RSPB mid afternoon and enjoyed good views of four Mediterranean gulls.

SPRING IS HERE AT LAST
Burton was very quiet as I walked around but I did see my first Swallows of the year and Sand Martins.A pleasant afternoon's birding but well it stop bloody raining!