Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

5 September 2018

WHAT A GRIP BACK!PALLID HARRIER-PARKGATE-OLD BANKS CARPARK

Whilst on my annual holiday up in Shetland last autumn I missed an absolute mega bird on the Wirral,Pallid Harrier!I was on nights last night and had left my phone on silent so when I woke up around 1.30pm I picked up my phone to numerous missed calls and messages.I couldn't believe it another one had been found at Parkgate,I got myself sorted and I was off.I rang Hibre's finest Steve williams on route and he was watching the Harrier at Old banks carpark and the bird had gone down onto the marsh.I soon arrived on site and the bird was flying around distantly but hard to make out anything on it due to the heat haze.After a good hour the Pallid harrier put in a good performance in front of the carpark.What a grip back this was I never thought I would get this mega bird back for a long time,if ever!



Not the best photo's due to distance and heat haze but it's on the list!The Pallid Harrier is still around today so I am going back for second helpings.Thanks Mark Garner for an excellent find and just goes to show anything can turn up!
BIRDERS ENJOYING VIEWS OF THE PALLID HARRIER