Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

24 March 2019

MORNINGS BIRDING ON THE WIRRAL

Due to work commitments the female Long tailed duck had done the right thing and hung around at Burton RSPB.This was a patch tick for me so I made my way down there this morning.I soon got on the bird on arrival and it showed well but was constantly diving,but I did manage a few photographs.


Other birds of note on the reserve were Spotted redshank,Bearded tit and my first Sand martin's of the year.I then moved on to Parkgate where a male Marsh harrier showed well and a distant Short eared owl hunted over the marsh.

The Pink footed geese have now gathered in good numbers at Parkgate,feeding close to the road,apparently up to 10,000 are present on the estuary.
Moving on from Parkgate I called in at Puddington where I got cracking views of two Cattle egrets.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.