Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

18 October 2021

BLUE WINGED TEAL-NEUMANN'S FLASH-NORTHWICH

As I was on my annual birding hoilday in Shetland,patch regular Greg Baker found a mega bird for my local patch in Northwich,a Blue Winged Teal.I didnt think it would stick around and after two frustrating attempts I finally connected with this elusive bird today.




This was a first for the Marbury patch recording area and a fantastic find,it was also my 201st bird for the Marbury patch!

There have been 4 previous records in Cheshire and Wirral:

1860-a Female shot at Burton

1992-Drake at Inner Marsh Farm RSPB-26th-28th May

2010-A Female or Immature at Silver Lane Pools,Risley-21st-23rd September

2013-Drake-Burton RSPB-19th-20th April





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.