Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

11 January 2022

ARROWE COUNTRY PARK AND THE DEE ESTUARY

I spent this morning at Arrowe park and it didnt take long to find the resident Mandarin ducks,4 were seen.A good selection of woodland birds were also recorded in the park.


I then drove to Burton RSPB and spent a few good hours on the reserve.

The reserve was quiet today but it did produce a Spotted Redshank,Cetti's warbler and an elusive Woodcock.


A walk to Burton point produced 2 Great White egrets out on the estuary.

Moving on to Denhall quay I connected with 3 Short eared owls and it was nice to see fellow birders not out on the marsh disturbing the Owls and other species.



As the day was coming to an end I headed to Parkgate and had a great few hours birding.A male Hen Harrier showed really well and at least 7 Marsh Harriers put in a fine performance.


I waited till 16.45 looking over Neston reedbed,a Merlin was seen sat out on a post and then the bird I wanted came in to roost a Bittern.The bird flew right past me and some other birders and showed well as we watched it fly into the reedbed.

A good afternoons birding and a few more quality birds for the list. #LOCALBIGYEAR


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.