Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

About Me

My photo
ellesmere port, CHESHIRE, United Kingdom

JOIN BIRDGUIDES TODAY!

21 March 2022

#LOCAL BIG YEAR DIARY

February 2022

Feb 6th

I visited Burton RSPB this afternoon and saw 2 Avocets on the main scape.

Avocet
Feb 18th

After storm Dudley and storm Eunice another storm was on its way, storm Franklin.Eunice had already claimed the lives of 3 people and left 1.4 million people without power and this storm was meant to be even worse.I visited New Brighton and witnessed the storm for myself even though it wasn't as bad as forecasted.A Kittiwake was the only bird I managed throughout the storm.

Calm before the storm








On the 21st I connected with a Little gull in the mouth of the Mersey and then the next day the 22nd I had four Ruddy Shelduck on Burton Marsh and a Western Cattle Egret at Puddington

Western Cattle Egret

Ruddy Shelduck

On the 27th I drove over to Crosby marina and managed to scope though the fence at Seaforth and connected with a female Scaup that was with some Pochard


March 2022

5th March

I visited Queens dock this morning in Liverpool and connected with the Shags that have been hanging around on the quay sides,great birds and well found by Pete Brash


European Shag

20th March

An early morning trip into North wales with Mark Payne and just on the edge of my radius we arrived at Moel Famau and parked up in a layby overlooking the mountain and surrounding area.It didn't take long before we were rewarded with cracking views of a male and a female Goshawk, a Chiffchaff put in a brief performance close to the car and then Mark picked up a stonking male Hen Harrier over the fields in front of us.


The afternoon was spent at Burton RSPB watching my first spring Garganey,a male and a female,the female Long tailed duck also showed well on Border pool.

Long Tailed Duck

Garganey
21st March

After several attempts for Lesser Spotted Woodpecker I eventually scored this morning with a another dawn raid and connected with a female bird.I picked the bird up on call and it showed briefly perched up before flying off.This bird has been seen a few times over the last few weeks but there is still no sign of a male yet. 


The afternoon was spent in my garden in Little Sutton when to my surprise a Ring necked parakeet flew over calling heading west.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.